Casual Chic With a Pop of Colour {Red + Blue + Neutrals}

Hello dear readers! It's been much too long since my last post! Spring is finally here and I'm so excited to be blogging again. What better way to start things off than partnering up with my favourite brand! The very nice people over at Ricki's sent me this gorgeous red textured blazer which is the perfect pop of colour for spring. Red is such a classic colour. It's great for any season and never goes out of style. As part of their How to Wear Red campaign, I was given the opportunity to work with Ricki's and style this blazer. Whether it's a handbag, necklace, top or blazer, I hope to inspire you to add a bit of red to your wardrobe this season. 
    
In my experience, red looks best with neutrals. Two of my favourite pairings are red, white and black (worn here) and red, white and blue (worn here) and (here), but it also looks good paired with nude/tan or grey. 

Although this blazer would look great with dress pants or a skirt, business attire and work apparel don't really fit my lifestyle because my job requires a uniform. Lucky for me, blazers also look great paired with jeans! One of my favourite things to do is dress up a pair of jeans and a plain tee with a blazer and a statement necklace. It's comfortable, relaxed and always looks well put together. It's casual chic and it has been one of my go-to looks for years.


I rarely wear my blazers buttoned up so the fact that there are no buttons really makes it  ideal for me.
 This plain white tee is a recent purchase from Ricki's and I highly recommend it. I love it so much, I left the store with all three colours! It might seem like an ordinary tee but it has this great little twist at the hem which instantly gives you that "half tuck" look without actually having to tuck it in. Effortless style.

From afar, this blazer appears to be just a plain red blazer but up close you can really see the details in the fabric. I love how the textured fabric and the zippered pockets add a bit of pizzazz.  



What I'm wearing :
Red Blazer ~ c/o Ricki's
White Scoop Neck Tee ~ Ricki's
Skinny Jeans ~ Guess (old)
Bag ~ Christian Lacroix (old)
Statement Necklace ~ Forever 21
White Pumps ~ Call It Spring (old)

Below is a "Colour of the Moment" video from Ricki's. 
Be sure to visit rickis.com for more inspiration on how to wear red.


    

Thank you so much for reading!
           

Share:

0 comments