Outfit (Marilyn Inspired Chic)

Hello! :) I hope everyone is enjoying their week! I'm still recovering from that cold, but feeling much better. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was actually quite eventful. Saturday Mum and I attended a music celebration in honour of Earth Day. A good friend of mine performed and I wanted to make sure I was there to support her...and the cause as well. So we treated ourselves to a nice glass of wine and enjoyed some really good local talent. As I left the house that day to attend this event, I somehow managed to fall down a set of steps. Not quite sure exactly what happened...seems I've forgotten how to walk in heels. At first I fell backward a little and then fell completely forward. My purse went flying and I almost dragged mum down with me. Funny how the first thing that popped into my head was OMG did anyone see that? I was more concerned with looking around to see if anybody was passing by than looking into my injuries. It would have been quite funny, I'm sure, to anyone watching. My sore leg and bruises are not at all funny though. We were  already running late and my fall left a trail of dust on my outfit, so I went back in the house to compose myself while mum wiped my outfit down with a wet cloth. And off we were, like nothing ever happened. I'm sure we will be laughing about this all week.

The other day I was going through some of my favourite quotes, looking for some words of wisdom, and I came across a quote by Marilyn Monroe.

"I believe that everything happens for a reason.
People change so that you can learn to let go.
Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right.
You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.
And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

I've always been drawn to these words...there's alot of truth in them. After reading a few more of her quotes, I decided to go through some of my favourite Marilyn photos. I've always loved these photos of her. 


There is something so chic about a black and white outfit. It inspired me! In my previous two outfit posts, I mentioned how easy it is to pair bright colours with neutrals. Another super easy way is to pair it with black and white.  








Blouse ~ Suzy Shier. Skirt ~ Maurices. Blazer ~ Maurices.
Shoes ~ Suzy Shier.
Vote for me on Chictopia!

Share:

0 comments